Israel is not only a place to learn and grow, but also a place to explore and feel the holiness of Hashem all around you. Seminary is a place to gain a deeper understanding of the Torah, to grow spiritually amongst many other girls with the same goals. With all these factors combined, the amount a young girl can learn and take into her life is astounding. Therefore, I anticipate applying what I learn in Shaalvim to my life after Israel.
I want to express my sincere gratitude to you for making it possible for me to attend Shaalvim for Women. I was very happy and appreciative to learn that I was selected as the recipient of the Torah Letzion scholarship. With your generous donation, you have lightened my financial burden, allowing me to focus more on the most important aspect of school – learning. Your generosity has inspired me to help others and give back to my community. I hope one day I will be able to help students achieve their goals just as you have helped me achieve mine.
Thank you again for your generosity and support. I promise you, I will work very hard and eventually give something back to others, both as a student and possibly as a contributor to scholarships for future students like myself.
My goals for this year:
– To love learning
– Meet new and diverse friends from around the world
– Create and maintain relationships with my teachers
– Build education skills so I can attain my Judaic studies degree
– Make a positive difference in the lives of the people I meet
– Familiarize myself with the Israeli culture and land
– Understand more about the politics in Israel
– Learn how to connect with Israeli’s and gain a relationship with the families I stay by on Shabbat
– Formulate new Jewish thoughts
– Formally adapt to my adult life
– Become an improved version of who I am
– Gain more Hebrew skills and take an ivrit b’ivrit class
A student studying in Sha’alvim for Women